The new TaylorMade RocketBallZ (RBZ)
fairway woods are the next big development from the company that produced the Burner and R-Series, two of golf’s most popular club lines. While improving on the Burner Superfast 2.0 fairway woods was a huge challenge, TaylorMade answered the bell with incredible gains in speed, distance and power. The key to this dramatic improvement in distance – in tests, 17 yards farther than the Burner Superfast 2.0 – is the innovative new Speed Pocket
in the sole. The Speed Pocket increases club head speed and maximizes the club face’s coefficient of restitution (COR), a measurement of how well energy is transferred from the face to the ball. TaylorMade actually had to reduce the RBZ fairway wood’s COR to comply with PGA standards.
- High forgiveness is achieved with a larger club head, translating into a larger sweet spot and more forgiveness on off-center hits.
- The aerodynamic crown utilizes thick-thin design for a lower center of gravity, producing high launches for longer distance while reducing spin.
- The club’s neutral swing bias, white-matte crown and black face make aligning shots easy and straightforward, and the color scheme also reduces glare so players can eliminate distractions and focus on shot-making.
- The RBZ fairway wood is available in five different lofts, 15.5°, 17.0°, 18.0°, 21.0° and 24.0°, and comes shafted with a MATRIX XCON 5 graphite shaft. The shaft is available in multiple stiffness ratings.
- Get the best prices – and a free club fitting! – for your new RocketBallZ fairway wood at one of 2nd Swing’s Twin Cities locations.