Cleveland CBX Zipcore Wedge
Who’s It For?
The new Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedge is one of the most forgiving wedges in the industry. While forgiveness is a feature often touted by manufacturers releasing new drivers, fairway woods, and iron sets, golfers rarely consider the feature while mulling the purchase of a new wedge. However, the ability to pull off solid short game shots despite imperfect strikes can provide a huge performance boost around the greens. The Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedge is a user-friendly, cavity back wedge designed for middle and high handicap golfers.
The Tech Story
Cleveland’s engineers created several technological innovations for the CBX ZipCore Wedge. First, the ZipCore tech, found in the wedge’s name, is a lightweight core that reduces vibrations and optimizes the center of gravity. The effect of these changes is increased MOI and forgiveness on every strike. Next, a hollow cavity design with increased weighting towards the toe adds further forgiveness. Finally, Cleveland utilized the new UtiliZip Grooves in the CBX ZipCore Wedge. These grooves are sharper and deeper than ever, creating efficient performance and maximized spin.
Facts and Figures
- Available Lofts: 44°, 46°, 48°, 50°, 52°, 54°, 56°, 58°, 60°
- 44°:35.75”, 9 degrees of bounce
- 46°: 35.50”, 9 degrees of bounce
- 48°: 35.50”, 9 degrees of bounce
- 50°: 35.50”, 11 degrees of bounce
- 52°: 35.50”, 11 degrees of bounce
- 54°: 35.25”, 12 degrees of bounce
- 56°: 35.25”, 12 degrees of bounce
- 58°: 35”, 10 degrees of bounce
- 60°: 35”, 10 degrees of bounce
- Stock Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Spinner Tour Issue (Steel), Project X Catalyst 80 Spinner (Graphite)
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
- Lie Angle: 64 degrees
- Steel Swing Weight: D2 (44°-48°), D3 (50°-52°), D4 (54°-60°)
- Graphite Swing Weight: D1 (44°-48°), D2 (50°-52°), D3 (54°-60°)
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all retail locations as well as knowledgeable customer service that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here: (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).