Callaway EPIC Flash Fairway Wood
Items 81-100 of 125
Items 81-100 of 125
Who’s It For?
Callaway engineers took the insights they gathered from using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to develop Flash Face technology and applied them to the new Epic Flash fairway woods. The standard Epic Flash fairway wood is aimed at helping golfers of every level and swing speed achieve more ball speed and more forgiveness. However, golfers with higher swing speeds or golfers searching for a decrease in spin rate may want to check out the Epic Flash Sub Zero fairway wood.
The Tech Story
Callaway’s mission in creating its Epic Flash fairway woods is similar to its mission when creating the Epic Flash drivers: increase ball speed. The developers at Callaway did exactly that in the Epic Flash fairway woods with the ultra-thin, forged Carpenter 455 steel clubface that incorporates Face Cup technology and Callaway’s new Flash Face technology. The result is a uniquely designed clubface exclusively engineered for high COR across a large impact zone for faster ball speed on both center and off-center strikes. Inside the clubhead, ball speed is enhanced further by Jailbreak technology. It features two internal vertical bars that connect the sole and the crown, which stiffens both parts and allows the face to take on greater impact loads and generate faster ball speed across the hitting zone. Additionally, for the first time ever, Callaway has combined its Jailbreak technology and an adjustable hosel in a fairway wood. This was made possible by a new, lighter OptiFit Hosel that saved enough weight to allow installation of Jailbreak. The OptiFit Hosel is a simple tool players can use to dial in trajectory biases to match their own preferences of a draw, fade or neutral ball flight.
Facts and Figures
- 3+-wood: 13.5 degrees, 43 inches, 178cc, right-handed
- 3-wood: 15 degrees, 43 inches, 180cc, left- and right-handed
- 5-wood: 18 degrees, 42.5 inches, 159cc, left- and right-handed
- Heavenwood: 20 degrees, 42.75 inches, 168cc, left- and right-handed
- 7-wood: 21 degrees, 42 inches, 147cc, left- and right-handed
- 9-wood: 23 degrees, 41.5 inches, 143cc, right-handed
- 11-wood: 25 degrees, 41 inches, 140cc, right-handed
- Swing Weight: D2
- Adjustability: -1/+2 degrees
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride MCC Align
- Mid Launch Stock Shafts: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue, Project X EvenFlow Green
- Low Launch Stock Shaft: Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black
- Headcover included
- Custom shafts available
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).