Who’s It For?
The Epic Flash Star product series is designed specifically for slower or moderate swing speed golfers aiming to gain more clubhead speed and more distance. Callaway packed several of its highly-successful distance-enhancing technologies into each club while maintaining an incredibly lightweight design, which shaft options as low as 30 grams in the driver and 40 grams in the fairway woods, hybrids, and irons. Golfers with faster swing speeds will see more benefit from Callaway’s standard Epic Flash products.
The Tech Story
The Epic Flash Star hybrids include Callaway’s Jailbreak technology, which consists of two internal bars that connect the sole and the crown and stabilize the clubhead, placing more impact load on the face. This creates both more ball speed and added forgiveness on contact made outside the center of the face. Additionally, the Epic Flash Star hybrids also feature a forged 455 Carpenter steel Face Cup, promoting faster ball speeds all across the clubface. Launch is optimized by MIM’d weighting include the clubhead, positioning the center of gravity in the perfect location for each loft to create ideal launch conditions. With an ultra-premium UST ATTAS Speed shaft, a lightweight Golf Pride JL00 grip, and a fixed hosel system, the Epic Flash Star driver is roughly 50 grams lighter than the standard Epic Flash driver.
Facts and Figures
- 3-hybrid: 17 degrees, 40 ½ inches, 58.5 degree lie angle
- 4-hybrid: 20 degrees, 40 inches, 59 degree lie angle
- 5-hybrid: 23 degrees, 39 ½ inches, 59.5 degree lie angle
- 6-hybrid: 26 degrees, 39 inches, 60 degree lie angle
- 7-hybrid: 29 degrees, 38 ½ inches, 60.5 degree lie angle
- 8-hybrid: 32 degrees, 38 inches, 61 degree lie angle
- Women’s hybrids available through custom order
- 3-hybrid through 6-hybrid available in left-handed
- Men’s Swing Weight: D1
- Women’s Swing Weight: C4
- Stock Shaft: UST ATTAS Speed
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride JL00
- Headcovers Included
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).