Tour Edge Hot Launch 4 Iron-Wood Hybrid
Who’s It For?
The HL4 Iron-Wood from Tour Edge delivers the high launch of a fairway wood with the forgiveness and playability of a super game-improvement iron. The thick, hollow hyper-steel body with added weighting along the perimeter and bottom of the clubhead creates an extremely low center of gravity, perfect for golfers with moderate swing speeds or golfers who struggle to get the ball in the air. Golfers who will prefer a more traditional iron look will want to check out the HL4 irons.
The Tech Story
When Tour Edge built the HL4 Iron-Woods, the primary goal was creating ideal conditions for high launch and superb distance for slower swingers or golfers that struggle to get the ball into the air. To do this, Tour Edge implemented additional weight in the sole of the clubhead, bringing down the center of gravity significantly. Furthermore, Rear Inverted Crown technology lowers the center of gravity even further, resulting in the highest-launching Iron-Woods from Tour Edge to date. Strong perimeter weighting improves performance on contact made away from the center of the clubface. A super thin forged clubface with Variable Thickness creates a spring-like effect at impact, whether the ball is struck at the center of the clubface or not. Additionally, the Power Channel located on the sole behind the leading edge is wider and deeper for better weight distribution and increased face flexing. The Tour Edge HL4 Iron-Woods are available separately or as a set.
Facts and Figures
- 2 Iron-Wood: 18 degrees, 39 ¾ inches, 59.5 degree lie angle
- 3 Iron-Wood: 20 degrees, 39 ¼ inches, 60 degree lie angle
- 4 Iron-Wood: 23 degrees, 38 ¾ inches, 61 degree lie angle
- 5 Iron-Wood: 26 degrees, 38 ¼ inches, 62 degree lie angle
- 6 Iron-Wood: 29 degrees, 37 ¾ inches, 62.5 degree lie angle
- 7 Iron-Wood: 32 degrees, 37 ¼ inches, 63 degree lie angle
- 8 Iron-Wood: 36 degrees, 36 ¾ inches, 63 degree lie angle
- 9 Iron-Wood: 40 degrees, 36 ¼ inches, 64 degree lie angle
- PW Iron-Wood: 44 degrees, 35 ¾ inches, 64 degree lie angle
- AW Iron-Wood: 49 degrees, 35 ¾ inches, 64 degree lie angle
- SW Iron-Wood: 54 degrees, 35 ¾ inches, 64 degree lie angle
- LW Iron-Wood: 59 degrees, 35 ¾ inches, 64 degree lie angle
- Stock Iron-Wood Set Configuration: 4-PW
- Available in left- and right-handed
- Available in men’s and women’s (women’s lengths are one inch shorter)
- Stock Graphite Shaft: UST Mamiya
- Stock Steel Shaft: KBS Tour 90
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).