Mizuno Pro 225 Iron Set
Who’s It For?
Few manufacturers, if any, in golf have created more consistently beautiful and functional irons than Mizuno. The company’s newest iron sets stem from their Pro line, which includes the 221, 223, and 225 irons. All three of these models underwent Mizuno’s famed grain flow forging process, and each sport a copper underlay to further increase feel at impact. Also, each model is designed for a different type of golfer. This model, the Mizuno Pro 225, is built for middle and low handicap golfers looking to hit the ball farther without sacrificing much feel.
The Tech Story
While the Mizuno Pro 225 Irons feature a powerful, hollow body construction, Mizuno has ensured that the irons still possess the feel expected of any that bear the Mizuno name. To accomplish this, the Pro 225 Iron heads are grain flow forged 4135 Chromoly. Also, increased amounts of tungsten weighting were placed in the 2-7 irons to improve launch in the long and mid irons. Finally, the iron set’s Multi-Thickness CORTECH face and wide, cambered sole creates a clubhead that both generates impressive distance numbers and works through the turf efficiently. While all of this technology and design delivers excellent performance in the players-distance iron category, it can also be reliable as a utility iron for more skilled players.
Facts and Figures
- Stock Set Configuration: 4-GW
- Also available in single long irons (2-4)
- Category: Players Distance
- Construction: Hollow Body Forged
- Standard Lofts: 2-Iron (16.5°), 3-Iron (19°), 4-iron (21.5°), 5-iron (24°), 6-iron (27°), 7-iron (30°), 8-iron (34°), 9-iron (39°), PW (44°), GW (49°)
- Standard Lie Angles: 2-Iron (), 3-Iron (), 4-iron (60°), 5-iron (60.5°), 6-iron (61°), 7-iron (61.5°), 8-iron (62°), 9-iron (62.5°), PW (63°), GW (63°)
- Swing Weight: D2 (2-9), D3 (PW, GW)
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all retail locations as well as knowledgeable customer service that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here: (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).