Ping G LE 2 Single Iron
Who’s It For?
PING’s latest set designed for women and slower or moderate swing speeds, the G LE2 iron set is designed to increase club speed and produce higher launch. Additionally, the toprail undercut cavity design results in supreme forgiveness on off-center hits. However, PING also reformed the clubhead shape so that it may appeal to a wider range of golfers, making the topline thinner and the address profile slightly more compact.
The Tech Story
The G LE2 irons are perhaps PING’s most forgiving lightweight iron set thanks to COR-Eye technology paired with a toprail undercut cavity design, which combine to increase face flexing and MOI by 10 percent. This increase results in added distance and performance on both center and off-center strikes. PING has also implemented a co-molded cavity badge that enhances sound and feel. A deep center of gravity location ensures that shots will be launched higher and farther than previous models.
Facts and Figures
- Stock Set Configuration: 6-SW
- Construction: Cast
- Category: Game Improvement Irons
- 6-iron: 27 degrees, 37.13 inches
- 7-iron: 30.5 degrees, 36.5 inches
- 8-iron: 35 degrees, 36 inches
- 9-iron: 40 degrees, 35.5 inches
- Pitching Wedge: 45 degrees, 35 inches
- Utility Wedge: 52 degrees, 35 inches
- Sand Wedge: 58 degrees, 34.5 inches
- Stock Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet
- Stock Shafts: PING ULT240 (graphite)
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).