Bettinardi HLX 3.0 Black Smoke Wedge
Who’s It For?
When most golfers hear the name Bettinardi, they often associate it with putters. However, Bettinardi has also been creating wedges for a few years now. The HLX 3.0 wedges represent Bettinardi’s third generation of wedges, and this model has been completely redesigned using new construction methods to improve performance and control. The HLX 3.0 wedges come in two different wedge grinds. The C-grind is designed with higher toe and heel relief to promote clean contact for golfers with a shallow or moderate angle of attack. Golfers with a steeper angle of attack may prefer the RJ-grind, which provides forgiveness on tight lies and the bounce needed on square face shots.
The Tech Story
Bettinardi’s HLX 3.0 wedges feature a couple of significant changes from past wedge models that have been instituted to improve the performance and help golfers put the ball closer to the hole. For instance, Bettinardi has transitioned from stainless steel construction to soft carbon steel, which not only provides a more buttery feel but also performs better with regards to spin and control. Meanwhile, Bettinardi also enhanced the grooves through the company’s patented High Helix Cut machining process and created the softest forged wedge face from Bettinardi yet. Each wedge contains the right groove depth and spacing to push USGA limits and deliver excellent versatility around the greens.
Facts and Figures
- Available Loft/Bounce Combinations (C-Grind): 50/8, 52/8, 54/10, 56/12, 58/10, 60/8
- Available Loft/Bounce Combinations (RJ-Grind): 56/14, 58/14, 60/10
- Material: Soft Carbon Steel
- Dexterity: Right-handed
- Available Finishes: Chrome, Black Smoke
- Standard Lengths: 35 ½ inches (50/52 degrees), 35 ¼ inches (54/56 degrees), 35 inches (58/60 degrees)
- Stock Grip: Lamkin Crossline 360
- Available Shafts: KBS Hi-Rev 2.0, True Temper Dynamic Gold S200, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400, N.S. Pro Modus3 115
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. Please call 612-216-4152 or visit our fitting website if you have fitting questions or want to know more about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff.