Cleveland CBX 2 Black Satin Wedge
Who’s It For?
Cleveland’s CBX 2 wedges are designed for golfers with a handicap index ranging from 5-20 and want a wedge that offers more forgiveness than a typical blade wedge. To increase shotmaking versatility, Cleveland designed three different sole grinds that are arranged by loft: the V-shaped sole (46°-52°), the S-shaped sole (54°-56°), and the C-shaped sole (58°-60°). The V-shaped sole prevents the club from digging, even on shots struck slightly behind the ball, the S-shaped sole provides plenty of bounce and is ideal for bunker shots and open-faced shots from the rough and fairway, and the C-shaped sole has plenty of heel- and toe-side relief to provide the golfer with plenty of versatility.
The Tech Story
The key to controlling short game trajectory and accuracy is controlling backspin. To give the golfer more control over the spin the wedge produces, Cleveland’s engineers put the CBX 2’s face through a multi-step process that included multiple stages of high-intensity milling, creating 17 sharp Zip Tour Grooves and 96 horizontal lines across the hitting surface. The wedges also feature a hollow-cavity design with a tapered flange and wider toe. This keeps enough weight around the perimeter of the club to maintain a large amount of forgiveness, improving performance on full swings and off-center strikes. Finally, Cleveland implemented a Gelback TPU Insert that reduces vibration and improves feel at impact.
Facts and Figures
- 46 degrees: V-Shaped sole, 35 ½ inches, 9 degrees of bounce (RH)
- 48 degrees: V-Shaped sole, 35 ½ inches, 9 degrees of bounce (RH)
- 50 degrees: V-shaped sole, 35 ½ inches, 11 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- 52 degrees: V-shaped sole, 35 ½ inches, 11 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- 54 degrees: S-Shaped sole, 35 ¼ inches, 12 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- 56 degrees: S-shaped sole, 35 ¼ inches, 12 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- 58 degrees: C-Shaped sole, 35 inches, 10 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- 60 degrees: C-Shaped sole, 35 inches, 10 degrees of bounce (RH/LH)
- Steel Swing Weight: D2 (46-48 degrees), D3 (50-52 degrees), D4 (54-60 degrees)
- Graphite Swing Weight: D0 (46-48 degrees), D1 (50-52 degrees), D1.5 (54-56 degrees), D2 (58-60 degrees)
- Stock Steel Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge
- Stock Graphite Shaft: Rotex Precision Wedge Flex
- Stock Grip: Lamkin 360
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).