Cobra KING MIM Wedge
Who’s It For?
Cobra is breaking through in the wedge game with the introduction of the King MIM wedge. The club combines a unique construction with a CNC milled face and Progressive Spin Technology to produce a Tour-inspired feel and performance. Unlike some other manufacturers, Cobra included what it calls a Versatile Tour Wedge Grind on each wedge so that it performs for all swing types and shot types.
The Tech Story
The MIM wedges from Cobra combine versatility with performance to provide an excellent shot-making experience for any player chooses to employ them. The MIM (metal injection molded) 304 stainless steel construction reduces the amount of post-process hand polishing to create consistent shaping and thickness in every wedge. Cobra also uses a sintering process that heats the wedges at a higher temperature than a forging process to produce a smoother grain and, therefore, a softer feel. Similar to the Cobra Speedback F9 driver, the MIM wedges also include a fully CNC milled face that optimizes spin and trajectory. Meanwhile, Progressive Spin Technology provides unique groove construction for the different loft options. Cobra has engineered wider, shallower grooves in the weaker lofts and narrower, tighter grooves in the stronger lofts to further optimize spin and launch angle best for each loft. One of the most noteworthy features included in the MIM wedges is the Versatile Tour Wedge Grind. Inspired by Rickie Fowler’s custom grind wedges on Tour, this grind provides additional toe relief for maximum shot versatility desired by the best players. Each MIM wedge also comes with a premium chrome finish for everlasting durability and an electronically-enabled Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip that synchronizes shot data using the Arccos Caddie mobile app, allowing users to track their stats and improve their game.
Facts and Figures
- 50 degrees, 8 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 36 inches, right-handed
- 52 degrees, 8 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 36 inches, left- and right-handed
- 54 degrees, 10 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 35 ¾ inches, right-handed
- 56 degrees, 10 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 35 ¾ inches, left- and right-handed
- 58 degrees, 8 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 35 ½ inches, right-handed
- 60 degrees, 8 degrees of bounce, 64 degree lie angle, 35 ½ inches, left- and right-handed
- Above length measurements include CONNECT grip
- Stock Shaft: KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet CONNECT
- Swing Weight: D3 (50 degrees), D4 (52 degrees), D5 (54-60 degrees)
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all of its retail locations, as well as a knowledgeable customer service staff that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here (http://fitting.2ndswing.info/).