TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 Chrome Wedge
Who’s It For?
The new Milled Grind 4 Wedges from TaylorMade offer the latest and greatest technology to help golfers increase their spin and control both around the greens and on approach shots. As the manufacturer has done in the past, TaylorMade presents golfers with a myriad of loft and bounce options for the Milled Grind 4. Typically, lower bounce options will better fit golfers with shallower angles of attack (little to no divot) or golfers playing in firmer conditions. On the other hand, higher bounce options will fit golfers with a steeper attack angle (larger divots) and those playing in softer conditions.
The Tech Story
When it comes to wedges, a golfer’s eyes often seek out the grooves first. Fortunately, TaylorMade has golfers covered with the MG4 Wedge’s new Spin Tread Grooves, which feature laser etching between the grooves to provide a channel for water to escape during the strike, increasing spin in the process. Also, a newly reshaped top line, leading edge, and hosel have improved both the aesthetics and the shot-making ability of the MG4. Finally, TaylorMade’s engineers increased the thickness of this wedge’s flange, enhancing its sound and feel dramatically.
Facts and Figures
- Standard Bounce Loft Options: 46° (9° Bounce), 48° (9° Bounce), 50° (9° Bounce), 52° (9° Bounce), 54° (11° Bounce), 56° (12° Bounce), 58° (11° Bounce), 60° (10° Bounce)
- Standard Bounce C-Grind Loft Options: 58° (9° Bounce), 60° (9° Bounce)
- Low Bounce Loft Options: 56° (8° Bounce), 58° (8° Bounce), 60° (8° Bounce)
- Low Bounce V-Grind Loft Options: 58° (7° Bounce), 60° (7° Bounce)
- High Bounce Loft Options: 54° (13° Bounce), 56° (14° Bounce), 58° (12° Bounce), 60° (12° Bounce)
- High Bounce W-Grind Loft Options: 58° (13° Bounce), 60° (13° Bounce)
- Stock Shaft: True Temper Tour Issue 115g
- Stock Grip: Lamkin Crossline 360 Black/Silver/Green
2nd Swing Golf offers professional, tour-level club fitting at all retail locations as well as knowledgeable customer service that can help answer questions related to fitting. For fitting questions, please call 612-216-4152, and for more information about 2nd Swing’s custom fitting services, locations, and staff, click here: https://fitting.2ndswing.info/schedule-now/